The final craft is really not a craft. It's a vegan cookie recipe. What I mean by vegan is that it includes no animal products: no meat, no dairy, no eggs, and if you're serious, no honey.
You're going to need: 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 14 tbsps of Earth balance soy margarine, 2 tsps of vanilla extract, 2 eggs worth of egg substitute (I used Ener-G Egg Replacer).
First mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl. Next, blend the sugar and soy margarine in a large bowl. Then, mix in the vanilla extract and egg replacement. Slowly add in the flour mixture and blend until it is cookie dough consistency. Roll it out on a large floured cutting board, and roll it relatively thick or the cookies will burn (when I say thick, I mean about 1/2 to 1/3 of an inch). Cut out shapes using cookie cutters and place them on baking sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Now I'm going to tell you how I decorated each of the cookies you see above. The frosting I used was vegan, but when it comes to chocolate, I like milk chocolate, so that cookie isn't vegan although you probably could find vegan chocolate.
I decorated the heart by putting white cookie icing on top and then covering it with small red sprinkles, and then shook off the excess. It's almost like using glitter on top of glue.
The star I simple used white cookie icing.
For the Christmas tree I used green cookie icing and put on white and yellow star sprinkles.
Finally, for the chocolate-covered circle cookie, I melted the chocolate in the microwave, then put it in a plastic bag, sealed it, and cut the tip off and iced the cookie (you can get a professional icing bag but using a plastic bag is cheaper).
I hope you all enjoyed our twelve days of Christmas crafts, and I hope your house is well-decorated with earth-friendly decorations, and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

The cookies look yummy! I enjoyed these posts, I hope you will do another theme series sometime!
ReplyDelete