Sunday, December 23, 2012

Eleventh Craft -- Twelve Days of Christmas Crafts

Our eleventh craft is the holiday picture frame. You are going to need thin styrofoam or cardboard, any color scrap paper, thin clear plastic, a cracker or cookie box, scissors, glue (I used a glue gun), re-used ribbon, and anything else you want to use to decorate your frame.

First you are going to want to cut out your frame from the styrofoam or cardboard. Next cut out a rectangle from the scrap paper to cover your frame. Cut the center so it fits almost exactly, and glue it on. Next, begin to decorate your frame. I would start by putting the ribbon on. You don't have to use ribbon, but what I did with my ribbon is cut it into bits and wrap each bit around the frame and glued it on the back. Then do whatever you want to decorate your frame. I put some rhinestones, fake candy canes, and some glitter glue on mine. Then cut a square from the thin clear plastic that fits behind your frame to serve as what in a regular frame would be glass. Glue it on so it fits, and cut out a rectangle from the cracker or cookie box that fits behind the frame. Next you can use any way of making the box cardboard removable - I cut a rectangle that was longer than this one but only about 3/4 inch high. Then I glued three sides of it onto the frame so that you could slide the larger rectangle in it and you wouldn't be able to see through the frame. Next I cut a tall trapezoid and glued the smallest side to the large rectangle so that the frame stands up.Slide a picture in and your frame is done!

Front of frame.
Back of frame.


















If you make one or if you come up with any other way to decorate it please leave a comment!

1 comment: