Upcycling is when you recycle something into something better and more useful. One of my favorite ways is when you take a shirt or any piece of clothing and you cut it up and sew it back together into something else. For example, I used a skort and a necklace to make a purse (I didn't have to use anything else except for needles and thread). Here is a picture of the skort before upcycling:
Then after some crafty cutting and sewing, here is the final product, the purse:
If you have upcycled clothing or anything else before, please leave a comment below, or if you have any ideas of what I could upcycle just tell me.


That purse is spectacular!
ReplyDeleteHave you ever tried taking an old wool sweater and throwing it in the washing machine, then into the dryer? It felts the fabric, and then you can cut it up and make things out of it--maybe a purse, or coasters, or toys.