Monday, December 17, 2012

Fifth Craft -- 12 Days of Christmas Crafts

Our fifth craft is going to be "collage cards." What you're going to need is an old file folder and lots of old holiday cards (of course you're going to need glue or tape and scissors). Before you start decorating your card, you're going to have to make a base. Take the old file folder and cut out a large rectangle (and when I say large I mean pretty much a whole side of the folder). Fold it in half and begin to trim it to look like a real card.

To decorate your card we are going to be making a collage with bits of old cards. You can clump them together like a real collage, but sometimes they look more beautiful when you keep them simple. You can also use old wrapping paper, ribbon, stickers, and beads or anything you think you could glue onto the card.
The one I made I tried to make look like a snow-covered Christmas-y house.

Here's the one I made. If you make one, or find something else that is fun to collage with, leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card! I like the snow effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used white tissue paper to get that effect (I forgot to say that in the post).

      -Amelia B.

      Delete