Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pollution Walk



On February 26th we went on a walk to find photos of pollution. We found 20 pictures that we would like to share with you (above). But there was much, much more that we didn't have room for. If you want to, go on a walk and count how many trash items you find sitting on the street. Then, make a comment about it, or even upload a photo. And, probably you should bring a bag to pick up all that trash.

11 comments:

  1. Cigarettes, alcohol cans or bottles, and plastic water bottles seemed to be the most common trash. One thing I don't remember from when I was a kid was plastic water bottles. Every park had some kind of public water spigot and that's what we drank. Or we just got thirsty. The good old days! -- there was still trash, it was just not so much plastic. Do you think you could give up plastic water bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plastic trash is terrible, and takes forever (or close to it) to actually decompose. As a kid, I recall a lot of those metal "pull tabs" that came off of drink cans. I remember stepping on one, at least once, and cutting my foot on the sharp edge. Someone got smart and invented a better way, so at least now we don't see "pull tab" litter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to drive everywhere and I *rarely* saw any trash. It's easy to miss at those speeds. Now that I'm on a bike, I see it all over the place.

    Do you wonder why it's there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I could surely go with out plastic water bottles, all I need is my trusty re-usable water bottle.

    -Amelia B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time I'm out walking - I'll bring a trash bag with me! Thank you for helping to raise awareness! Your blog is terrific, Amelia. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pictures do tell a story, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot, when we went out walking we didn't think we'd see that much pollution, so we actually didn't bring a bag. But next time, we'll make sure to.

    -Amelia B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate seeing trash when I'm out walking Oliver (he hates it too). And we've brought back those cans and plastic bottles - and they go into our recycling cans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! I wish we could have done that. (Didn't bring a bag.)

    -Amelia B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have a couple bags with me when I'm walking Oliver (he doesn't leave anything behind either).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to pick up trash on my next run. Thanks for nudging me in the green direction.

    ReplyDelete