I was inspired to go to this event because I went to see a movie, organized by Transition Framingham called "Last Call at the Oasis." This movie talked about the water crisis in the world. We are using too much water and causing too much pollution. It was a vey interesting movie that really made you feel like something had to be done. After seeing this film I heard about the event and wanted to go, because one of things this movie talked about was how much water is necessary to grow animals. And of course vegan means no animal products.
Most of the recipes from the event are at: www.transitionframingham.org, as for my cookies here is the recipe:
Vegan Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 14 tablespoons vegan butter
replacer (softened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs worth of egg replacer
How to make:
Set aside ½ cup of the
sugar for later use. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl
and set aside. Mix the butter replacer and sugar in a large bowl with an
electric mixer until creamy. Mix in the vanilla and then the egg replacer,
mixing until combined. Slowly mix in the flour mixture until it is a
well-combined dough. Roll the dough into one inch thick balls and coat them
with sugar. Place the balls two inches apart on a baking sheet and flatten them
partially with the bottom of a cup. Cook for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Let
cool before eating.

Yes, the sugar cookies were quite yummy! Laura
ReplyDeleteHi Amelia, I love your blog, especially your reports of local events. I think it's absolutely fantastic that you are taking care of the earth. There must be more kids like you, I just wish they'd write about what they do and feel more. Keep it up! Kaat from Wayland
ReplyDeleteThis is a great report. More of us need to be willing to experiment with a different way to eat, one that is less dependent on animals.
ReplyDelete