Saturday, August 25, 2012

July-August (garden tour)



So for July-August (since it's "be active" months) I went on a garden tour. I only saw the first two gardens, but they were huge! (Both of them at peoples' houses in Framingham). I learned some great garden tips (because everything in my garden got eaten by animals  this year...) but I hope to use what I learned for next year! I want to grow sunflowers, cabbage, carrots, raspberries, strawberries, and maybe even get a fountain! There is a slide show of the gardens above with caption tips.


5 comments:

  1. The pictures look great! I think the terracotta ball is a bird feeder, the little hat keeps squirrels from getting all the food. My parents have problems with deer and rabbits, they had to put 4 foot tall fine mesh chicken wire around their gardens to get to keep their veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see more about the veggie tour in the Metrowest Daily News today -- http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x2118935819/Group-tours-veggie-gardens-in-Framingham?img=3.

    In the picture of me taking the picture I didn't really take that picture.

    -Amelia B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily was very impressed by the newspaper coverage! I don't think she would have been willing to converse with a reporter. Good job, Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your report and the newspaper article. I think you'll be ready next spring to plant a wonderful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your reporting on the gardens was great. I wish we had been able to take the tour! I have never seen horseradish, and the netting over the cabbage plants looks like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete