Saturday, June 11, 2011

Earth Idea Contest

Do you have an earth friendly idea? If you do send it to me and maybe you'll win a prize! Whether it's completely new or you just made something a little more earth friendly.

1st place: " being green" certificate, and a 3D miniature model of your idea.
2nd place: " being green" certificate, and a set of home-made recycled cards.
3rd place:  a " being green" certificate.

8 comments:

  1. I can't enter anything in the contest because I'm the jude, but is any one else going to?

    -Amelia B.

    PS-- all ideas are due june 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to think about this today. I love contests!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our classroom, I bought reusable plastic plates for students to use when eating snacks or special treats that are brought into school. Using these plates lessens the amount of non-recyclable paper towels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When possible, I use reusable gift wrap. I reuse gift bags from gifts that have been given to me. Or I use a scarf or other pretty cloth and tie it with leftover yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We compost fruit and vegetable scraps, that keeps a lot of waste out of the landfill.

    Donavin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to hang out laundry when it's nice out. We are about to cut down one of the trees that the line hangs on -- I will need a new place to hang my lines, or a new design for laundry-hanging. I would love to have a combination laundry drying center/swing-set so everyone could use the yard at once! -- (a model of this would be very useful!) -- Mary (aka "Mom")

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to throw away bananas that were too ripe, but now I put them in the freezer. The skins turn very dark, but that's OK. The next time I want to make banana bread, they are ready. When they thaw, they are nice and mushy.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that they make rain barrels, which can catch the rainwater from your roof and let you use it to water plants. But our driveway is a really steep hill and when it rains we get a river running down it. It would be great if we could make something to catch that water to use on the plants.
    Aunt Christine

    ReplyDelete