After watching No Impact Man ( a movie ) I wanted to do some of the stuff he did. So now I have a schedule that I am following, starting in March. March 2nd: no TV. March 12th: only 1 thing goes in the trash. March 16th: no cars. March 27th: no TV or computer. These things only last for the date I chose. If you wish to follow me with this, go ahead.( please make a comment to tell me if you are) Each month I will update the schedule to more "earth action days".
I saw that movie too! very inspireing.
ReplyDelete- inspired person who will now go eat something
I can't wait for no TV and computer day! Do you think we can get the whole family on board (Dad, too)? The computer part may be very hard for the adults. We will try to follow your example.
ReplyDeleteWell I don't think dad will be able to do the compuder part ( If you know what I mean... )
ReplyDeleteBut the rest of us will have to give it there all.
- Amelia B.
Great plan! The TV wouldn't be so bad, but the computer, boy would that be hard! Thanks for the inspiration! Debbie Clark
ReplyDeleteI will join you in no car day on March 16th! I am thinking about the no TV or computer day. Not using a computer is difficult since I use it for work and homework, but maybe I can get all of my work done on other days.
ReplyDelete- Sara M.
Debbie, I have a question... Are you doing no computer or TV day, or not? Just wondering...
ReplyDelete-Amelia B.
Everyday can be no car day! It all started a couple years ago when I spent my summer biking all over town. Then I biked to work daily. Then to the train station to get to school. Now I'm even biking when it's cold :)
ReplyDeleteOn the no-TV day, you could start some gardening - that'll get you ready for spring!
Alex, good idea on the gardening instead of watching TV. I think I'll do that.
ReplyDelete-Amelia B.
These are excellent ideas! Keep good notes on the days you've chosen and tell us all how it goes.
ReplyDelete-- (great unc) Mark M.
Nicki and I received the "No Impact Man" movie for Christmas but haven't taken the time to watch it yet. Can I trade a "No Computer Day" for a "watch No Impact Man" day? Keep the ideas coming!
ReplyDelete- (another great unc) John of Oberlin
On No TV Day I did want to watch TV, but I didn't have that much of an urge, because I did spend a little bit of time on the computer. Although this may sound weird, it was just No TV Day. That was kind of how I felt. If any of you did No TV Day with me, please post a comment about how it went.
ReplyDelete- Amelia B.
I decided to bring to work a coffee mug. I have been using styrofoam cups and throwing them out after each cup of coffee. Good work Amelia.
ReplyDeletegood job you are going to save alot of styrofoam well for one person that is.
ReplyDelete-Amelia B.
The "one thing in the trash day" went well because for me it seemed really quite easy. All it took was some effort to save up for a snack at a play we went to. This obviously had a wrapper which goes in the trash. So I went right away and the one thing I put into the trash was a ring-pop wrapper.
ReplyDelete-Amelia B.
Sorry I forgot to post about No TV and Computer Day. It was kind of hard, but I did enjoy all the crafts I got to do, and I'm not so sure that my Mom enjoyed that. Would anyone like to say what their No TV and Computer Day was like if they did it?
ReplyDelete- Amelia B.